Currently, GCF is involved in giraffe conservation initiatives in 15 African countries. Our involvement ranges from programme implementation to providing technical support to partners, from conservation monitoring to hands-on conservation actions, from direct to indirect support.
GCF’s recent research has shown that there is not only one, but four species of giraffe. GCF is the only organisation in the world that works towards conserving all four of these species in the wild.
- Masai Giraffe Conservation in Kenya
- Masai Giraffe Conservation in Tanzania
- Masai Giraffe Conservation in Zambia
- Kordofan Giraffe Conservation in Chad
- Kordofan Giraffe Conservation in DRC
- Nubian Giraffe Conservation in Ethiopia
- Nubian Giraffe Conservation in Kenya
- Nubian Giraffe Conservation in Uganda
- Saving the Last West African Giraffe in Niger
Education and awareness programmes
Giraffe conservation cannot be addressed in isolation. Working with people who share their living spaces with giraffe is of paramount importance. GCF is committed to enhancing conservation capacity and instilling a way of life that embraces conservation principles in Africa.