We are a voice for giraffe!
What are GCF’s core values?
- Creativity & Courage
What does GCF stand for?
- An international science-based conservation organisation that provides innovative approaches to save giraffe in the wild.
- The go-to organisation for giraffe conservation that is proactive and reactive, with a strong collaborative and dynamic team working within a network of partners on all levels.
- The Leader in supporting a sustainable future for giraffe in/and their natural habitats.
- GCF will continue to organically grow and increase awareness to save giraffe in the wild.
What drives GCF?
- To be a bold, independent organisation
- To not be regimented
- To be disciplined and ‘always on’
- To be an open book
- To not over-promise
- To be passionate
- To not be afraid of pushing boundaries
- To be open-minded and flexible
- To be adaptable
- To build trustworthy partnerships and relationships
What are GCF’s objectives?
GCF is dedicated to a sustainable future for all giraffe populations in the wild.
GCF’s objective is to raise awareness and support towards securing a future for giraffe and the conservation of their habitat in Africa, and more specifically to:
- Support the conservation of viable and existing habitat for giraffe.
- Identify key threats to giraffe in Africa and develop innovative ways to mitigate them.
- Raise awareness of and promote the value of giraffe conservation in African Range States as well as internationally.
- Plan, develop, implement and administer projects and programmes – including the appointment of project staff – in support of its primary aim, in co-operation with local communities and partner institutions, as appropriate.
- Collaborate with local, national and international partners on giraffe conservation efforts in the interests of giraffe conservation in African Range States.
- Raise funds for giraffe conservation and management throughout Africa.
United by a common goal, GCF is a family of organisations consisting of GCF Trust (Namibia), GCF-USA (Florida, USA), GCF-East Africa (Kenya & Uganda) and Freunde von GCF (Germany). All four organisations are legally and financially separate entities, working under the umbrella of GCF. Our shared commitment to a sustainable future for all giraffe populations in the wild is governed by a Memorandum of Understanding.