GCF is established as a Namibian charitable and funding institution of a public character, with the objective to raise awareness for, provide support to and secure a future for giraffe, and conserve their habitat in Africa. More specifically with the objective to:
- support the conservation of viable and existing habitat for giraffe;
- identify key threats to giraffe in Africa and develop innovative ways to mitigate these;
- raise awareness for and promote the value of giraffe conservation in African Range States and internationally.
- plan, develop, implement and administer projects and programmes, including the appointment of project staff, in support of its primary aim, and in co-operation with local communities and partner institutions as appropriate;
- collaborate with local, national and international partners on giraffe conservation efforts in the interests of giraffe conservation in African Range States;
- raise funds for giraffe conservation and management across Africa; and
- maintain a close working relationship with the IUCN SSC Giraffe and Okapi Specialist Group (GOSG) to provide comprehensive awareness and technical support.